Monday, July 19, 2010

Radio Saved the R&B Star


On my way to work this morning I was listening to the radio when I heard a song that really caught my attention. It sounded very similar to Ciara's Promise or something you would hear on the Evolution. Since I was already late I had to rush out of the car and missed the mystery artist's name. So I began my search to find out who this singer was. It can't be Ciara because she's still trying to figure out when she's going to drop her album and my next thought was Dondria but it wasn't her either. So thanks to Twitter I was able to contact Tasha Simone, the radio personality who played the song, and she informed it was Arika Kane!

Arika is signed to BSE recordings. She says, "I was always a big fan of music. I grew up smack in the middle of big hits like Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love," and "Vanishing," and Whitney Houston's "Saving All My Love." These were very powerful songs which had a huge effect on me. They had me hooked!"

Check out 4 The Lovers

I officially feel accomplished and refuse to do any work for the rest of the day! 4 the Lovers is a smooth sexy joint that is meant to be spreading like wide fire all over urban charts! She needs a MAJOR push right now, because she's too FIYAH for her to not have the music world buzzing. So i'll start the buzz here at Venue808. Arika I didn't know who you were until now but with songs like this you're about be on the Venue808 List!

And a special thanks to @TashaSimone for the info! Keep rocking my radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Venue Search