Thursday, June 11, 2009

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd has departed from The INC records. Details below:


R&B singer Lloyd has parted ways with his longtime record label The Inc.- just a month after Ashanti walked out of her contract at the music firm.
Ashanti left the label, run by music mogul Irv Gotti, in May (09) after years of reportedly frosty relations with The Inc. bosses. And Lloyd has now followed her out the door
after releasing three albums with the company - but insists the split was amicable. He tells AllHipHop.com, “I’m ready for a change. There’s no bad blood. I just feel I need to take more control over my career and get a fresh start. Hopefully Irv can understand my position."

Lloyd’s manager, Henry 'Noonie' Lee, adds: "Even though Lloyd is appreciative of the opportunity that has been afforded him by The Inc, he feels it’s time for him to move on and seek opportunities that will allow him to build and enhance his brand.”

Thank you That Grape Juice for posting this info!!! Anywho this is insane, cause I always thought Lloyd(Lld) would be the one artist that went down with the ship(label) But it appears I'm very wrong. I can't say I'm mad at the move cause the Inc. isn't in any position to be handling a established artist like LlD. I've always liked Lloyd, vocally and musically he's simply the TRUTH!!!! I look to seeing what gives musically in the future. As for the Inc after this devasting loss, I don't see a future. Is Ja even still wit them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Venue Search