Monday, June 15, 2009

JLO discusses new record

Jennifer Lopez discuess her new album and leaked singles.

We haven't heard that much from Jennifer Lopez in a while. Since she and husband Marc Anthony welcomed twins in February 2008, Lopez has been lying low and spending time with Emme and Max. But the superstar singer/actress told MTV News on the set of her new film "The Back-Up Plan" (due in theaters in January) that she's excited to get back to work. "I worked on music while I was pregnant and while I was at home, but now to really get into it and focus on it and to finish the project is exciting," Lopez said. She is already working on her next album, which will be the first since 2007's Brave. Lopez said she's working on a few singles and trying to finish the album, so it could be out later this year. The album will have a very focused concept, but she wasn't willing to reveal exactly what that concept is just yet. "You can't help but put not only your kids into it, but to put anything you are going through in your music," she said. "That's the only thing you can really sing or write is stuff that you know. The more music you make and the more that you get into it and the more you write, the more you realize that's all you can write." She said that the leaked singles "One Love" and "What Is Love" do hint at the direction of the album. "You can kind of get a gist of where I'm going with it, I think," she said. "But yeah, I love those songs, and I think they'll be great hits. I don't think they'll be the first singles. I just love making great pop/dance music with beautiful lyrics, and that's what I always kind of go for."

Say what you want about Jennifer L., but the chick is musically TALENTED. The industry is really lacking in the "performer" area with us just having Cici, cause ya''ll now B. Spears ain't on her PERFORMANCE game no more. So when I hear Jenny's coming back, I get excited!!! I've heard some of leaks but the one that surprises me the most is What is Love, which she goes off vocally!!!! So if these leaks are any indication of what Jennifer will be serving up on the new album I'm copping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Venue Search